Aeropress Brewing Guide
Makes approximately 14 fl oz of brewed coffee
What you will need...
- 2 cups filtered water
- ~5 tbsp fine ground coffee
- Gram scale
- Aeropress filter
- Serving vessel
When brewing via Aeropress, we suggest using 2½ - 3 tbsp of ground coffee for every 8 fl oz of water. You may want to explore this range depending on the strength of the coffee you prefer.
- Bring 2 cups of water to 210ºF.
- Place filter into Aeropress cap. Screw cap into Aeropress. Place Aeropress on serving vessel. Rinse with hot water. Discard wastewater.
- Place fine ground coffee in Aeropress
- Place Aeropress and serving vessel on gram scale. Tare to zero.
- Start Timer. Evenly saturate the ground coffee with 200g water. Stir well to break up clumped coffee grounds.
- Lightly insert plunger into Aeropress without plunging. This will prevent the water from draining through before brewing is complete and aid in heat retention. Remove Aeropress and serving vessel from scale.
- At 1:00, remove plunger. Stir. Replace plunger and press until the bottom of the plunger meets the bed of coffee. Pressing should take approximately :15 seconds.