Reducing Waste Through Reuse
An ever-rising sea of waste has flooded our homes and workplaces. In the U.S. alone, more than 850 million tonnes of paper and cardboard are thrown away annually—equating to almost 1.4 billion trees. As a certified B Corporation, Necessary has made it a priority to seek out and implement ways in which we can reduce this burden on our environment.
Necessary has partnered with fellow B Corporation (status pending), Boox, in an effort to reduce the amount of waste we are creating. Each Boox is designed to be shipped, returned, and then reused over and over again resulting in a 75% reduction in environmental impact compared with single-use packaging.
How does it work?
- Qualifying Necessary orders arrive at your door in a reusable Boox.
- Inside, you’ll find a pre-paid return label and a QR code that you can scan with your mobile phone for instructions and customized digital experience.
- Fold Boox flat, stick the return label over the flap, and drop your Boox at any mailbox, post office, or anywhere that mail gets picked up.
- The Boox team will sanitize and refurbish the Boox before sending it along to be used again.
- Upon successful return of your Boox, we’ll email you a discount code for use at NecessaryCoffee.com.
"The grand vision is to never throw a box away and never make a new one"Matt Semellak, CEO Boox
While we hope you are excited about this change we are making with renewable packaging, we are even more excited about the prospect of our customers taking part in this closed loop process! You can expect to receive some Necessary Coffee orders in “booxes” starting this April.
We will continue to seek out compostable, recycled, and renewable materials where reuse is not yet an option.